Educational experiences take place on the TCU campus, UNTHSC campus, affiliated hospitals, physician offices and clinics. Student safety orientation is provided to all incoming first-year students by TCU and UNTHSC Police and other personnel during MD Welcome Week to acclimate students to the procedures and resources regarding safety and emergencies that pertain to these environments.
These sessions cover prevention topics including emergency and disaster preparedness plans for both campuses, TCU and UNTHSC emergency websites, Frog-Shield overview, and campus emergency communication tools (TCU Alert and UNTHSC Red Alert systems). Additional safety training is provided as required, as students advance through the curriculum, including specific training for each student for their clinical training environments.
- TCU Police Department 817-257-7777
- UNTHSC Police Department 817-735-2210
- TCU 24/7 Crisis Intervention: 817-527-7233
- UNTHSC Counseling and Community Resources refer to: 866-640-4777
- MHMR of Tarrant County – Crisis: 1-800-866-2465
- School of Medicine Administrator On Call: 682-404-7224