The Office of Academic Success, housed within the Office of Student Affairs, offers a variety of programs and services designed to enhance each student’s learning at the Burnett School of Medicine at TCU. Learning Specialists are available to assist students through one-to-one appointments on any learning or study issue, supplemental instruction and guidance for board preparation, any other learning or study related topics. Small and large group seminars are designed to provide an overview of proven strategies to prepare students for class, exams, and clinical experiences.
- Effective learning and study strategies
- Test taking skills and strategies
- Time management strategies
- Stress management strategies
- Utilization of question banks to foster learning
- Regularly scheduled seminars
- Resource recommendations
- Shelf Exam preparation
- Step 1 and 2 preparations (includes study calendars, one-on-one advising, check in’s during studying)
Additionally, the Peer Tutoring Program is managed by the Office of Academic Success. Peer tutors are available to assist students with MHD Curriculum Content Areas throughout the year. To make an appointment with one of our peer tutors, Select a Date & Time.