FORT WORTH (August 21, 2020) – School of Medicine second-year medical students Quinn Losefsky, Jonas Kruse, Edmundo Esparza, Charna Kinard and special guest Lisa Martin, a writer for TCU Magazine, discussed a four-year narrative project that will follow our medical students throughout medical school.
The discussion centered around students sharing their thoughts on what is it like to have your educational life and personal life documented by media during the COVID-19 pandemic. The students also opened up and shared what their greatest challenges have been so far in medical school.
The medical students also gave details on almost a half dozen community driven initiatives in Fort Worth and the surrounding areas that they have taken a part in since the pandemic began in March.
You can learn more about those community projects using the links below.
- Here’s how to donate to the Back to School Supplies Drive: https://mdschool.tcu.edu/news-item/fort-worth-medical-students-help-area-kids-with-back-to-school-supplies-drive/
- Virtual Blood Drive: https://mdschool.tcu.edu/news-item/fort-worth-m-d-students-launch-virtual-blood-drive/
- Couch 2 Cure Virtual Bone Marrow Drive: https://mdschool.tcu.edu/news-item/help-save-a-life-from-your-couch/
- Fort Worth PPE Drive: https://mdschool.tcu.edu/news-item/fort-worth-medical-students-support-community-with-ppe-drive-for-masks-gloves-and-gowns/
- Stuart Flynn, M.D., the Founding Dean of the TCU AND UNTHSC School of Medicine featured on FOX 4’s ‘Good Day’ morning show speaking about the student community projects: https://www.fox4news.com/video/842366
- TCU Magazine Feature Story: https://magazine.tcu.edu/fall-2020/fort-worth-md-school-first-year/